On average, 15% of a commercial modulating/condensing boiler’s runtime is spent at high-fire, according to Jim Schnorr, president of Lancaster, Pa.-based Thermal Solutions Products. The unit coasts along at medium- or low-fire for the other 85% of the time. This is the “sweet spot” in which the unit is condensing, providing the high efficiency it was designed for. Read more at PM Engineer Magazine ... http://www.pmengineer.com/articles/92808-thermal-solutions-taco-partnership-breeds-new-boiler-option
Thermal Solutions Arctic Condensing Boiler Series delivers unparalleled longevity and industry 1st field serviceable heat exchanger and knock-down configurations to fit where no other condensing boiler can go. Read why weld-less-is-more
Thermal Solutions proudly announces Eco Propel, variable speed cognitive pump control for all Apex condensing models.
Pre-engineered and fully tested, Eco Propel integrates boiler firing rate with pump speeds improving boiler and system efficiency while reducing electrical consumption. Demand is calculated based on supply temperature, return temperature, and boiler firing rate determined from outdoor air sensor, header sensor, or set-point. A 0-10v signal is communicated to pump to harmonize this operation and ensure desired flow and constant delta T across all firing rates.
A single kit does it all. Simply “touch” and select boiler model, pump manufacturer, and desired delta T from Concert Boiler Control screen. No complex programming on pump and each optional kit is capable of 20 to 35 degree delta T. It doesn’t get any easier.
Typical on/off pumps are sized to provide full flow and run at constant maximum speeds despite most heating systems needing this capacity just 15% of the entire heating season. Eco Propel reduces pump speeds as much as 85% under single-speed pumps eliminating wasteful over-pumping and reducing electrical utility costs.
Benefits don’t stop with lower electric bills, boiler efficiencies also increase by maintaining the desired delta T across inlet and outlet temperatures throughout the boiler’s entire firing rate spectrum. Eco Propel actually lowers returning water temperatures inducing more condensate from flue gas and prolongs the conditions required for condensing to occur. Simply put, you will condense more with this control and better utilize the technology of these boilers regardless of system conditions. If you’re not using Eco Propel, you’re simply not optimizing your condensing boiler and overall system performance.
Read the attached study on total savings that can be achieved and the return on investment within 1 year (Eco Propel Payback)
The H2OMax is a commercial hot water heat exchanger that generates hot water instantaneously and continuously from one of many different heating sources for any application where hot water is used. H2OMax is simply unique, high performing, ultra-efficient and completely versatile, all in a compact design. Read more .. News - H2OMAX Intro
Thermal Solutions announces four additional sizes to its innovative Arctic line of condensing boilers. Newly available are the 1.5 Million, 2 Million, 2.5 Million and 3 Million BTU input. Not only do these products achieve 95% Thermal efficiency, they are configured with a number of UNIQUE industry leading technologies. All sizes are available in fully packaged or KNOCK DOWN configurations – an industry first – allowing the Arctic to quickly and easily be moved into tight spaces where other products may not fit. Read more about it from the June 2016 issue in HPACr Solutions! HPACr Solutions, June 2016 - Arctic Introduction
Seven Mile Road Church is singing its praises in more ways than one after a very successful installation of our Arctic 1000 MBH input condensing boiler last year. Comparing their fuel bills over the past 12 months, the church saved 43% on natural gas costs. Read more ... Case Study - Seven Mile Road Church
Arctic Condensing Boiler in parallel with famed golf course designer at Losantiville Country Club, Ohio. Read Case Study - Losantiville Country Club
A condensing boiler built to last. The Arctic combines industry renown longevity of watertube designs with minimal waterside pumping requirements of today’s firetube designs promoting smaller pump selections, greater electrical savings, and accommodative to full or variable primary piping layouts. Read more ... 95% Arctic Condensing Boiler Flows Into Marketplace
The Concert™ Boiler Control includes features and functions designed to save energy, optimize long-term efficiency, and integrate seamlessly with all Energy Management Systems (EMS). Built on a proven control platform, these features are Unique, Specifiable, and unavailable from other suppliers. Learn more ... Concert Boiler Control
EBENSBURG CENTER INSTALLS THIRTY-FIVE (35) APEX-525 MBH INPUT CONDENSING BOILERS TO REDUCE THEIR ANNUAL HEATING COSTS BY $400,000. Case Study - Apex Condensing Boilers, Ebensburg Center 10-29-14